Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ezra Aden Ward has arrived!


Our baby boy has finally come! We went in Sunday night at midnight to be induced, and I had intentions of no drugs...BUT...labor was much much much more painful than I ever thought it would be, so at about 10:00 am I finally caved and asked for an epidural. It came a bout an hour later. Wow! What a difference! I was fully dialated by 12:30 or so, and pushed for the next several hours. Ezra was born at 3:29, and was 8 lbs. 13 ounces 20 3/4 inches long.

We came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon, and have had Grandma Barnes here to help. Thank Goodness! The delivery was a pretty rough one, so my recovery is going to take some time. We sure appreciate all of the help! Darrell will be home for about a week, which will be so nice. Kaylee, Ash, and Branson were able to come to the hospital, but are anxious to come back to see their little brother. Thank you to all for your thoughts, prayers, gifts, and food! We love and appreciate each of you!


9 comments:

Kas said...

Congrats!! I know what you mean about labor pain :) I was a 6 before the epidural kicked in... all I can say is I have NO idea how women go natural!! Not for me, that's for sure! I was able to enjoy the birth so much more with pain relief I think. Good luck on the recovery and being a new mom :) You'll be great! I think the first 4 weeks are the hardest and then it just gets better and better! xoxo

MrsVegasBabe said...

Congrats! He is beautiful.

Love,
s

Brianna said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

Oh - he is perfect! You look great! Isn't it wonderful to have him out? I think it is rude that we still have to physicaly suffer AFTER - at least befor you have a baby to look forward too.
Take it easy and rest every moment you can!!

Jenn

Hillfivesome said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful just like his mom . I am glad it is over for you. I will call you very soon. I will also be coming to Boise the last week of October if you are up for visitors. Love ya. Em

Horsley5 said...

Wow! What a beautiful BIG baby! Congrats! No wonder he didn't want to come out - he was thriving! I am so excited for you guys - welcome to no more sleep - EVER! But it's worth it!! Love ya!

Jill said...

Congratulations Nici! Those epidurals sure do help. Your baby is super cute!

Kellie said...

Congrats!!! And don't forget that ibuprofen works wonders, at least it did for me, oh and sits baths are something you REALLY need to do, I didn't with my first and did with my second and thought, why did I not do this with the first, it would have made such a difference!!! Sorry about such a long post, just want to help out with the little experience that i have had :) Enjoy him, they grow fast.

Preston and Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! Also, good work on getting all those incredibly cute pics posted so promptly.