10 years ago
Saturday, June 2, 2012
May
Boy, may truly sped right past us. Serioiusly...I don't even have as many pics as I usually do. The month started off warm, and we had a fun day outside on the slip and slide, and in the baby pool. Sure makes us appreciate all of Darrell's hard work to get our yard put in last year. Can't wait for the backyard to be strong enough for us to go play on. It's growing!
Ezra became a pro slip and slider that day!
Jacob was excited until I actually put him in the pool.
It was cold, but he loves to splash so much I thought he would love it. He did warm up to the idea a bit, and enjoyed some splashing. Not much though. Party pooper.
One afternoon we were working outside and I decided to clean out the yucky cobweb, and other trash, in our window well. I've looked in there before, but have never had the pleasure of meeting this little guy...
Ok...he's not so little, and I have never had such an animated reaction to seeing a spider before. I was yelling for Darrell, and he leisurely came out to see what was the matter. He was grossed out too, and we got out our RAID and sprayed the heck out of it. It took him quite a while to die, which I did not enjoy. Even after he was dead, I envisioned him coming to life and showing up next to me on the couch in the basement, while I was folding clothes or something. Every time I look at the picture I get goosebumps. YUCKO!
I had an opportunity to catch Jacob playing on his tip toes.
He does this often, and I think it is part of the reason why he isn't walking yet. I put him in his little bouncer really early, and he had to stand on tip toes to reach. MY BAD. He tries to walk on tip toes now. Anyway...it's sort of cute and I wanted to capture it. He is getting pretty tall and grabs all sorts of things off of the counter he shouldn't. He also tries hard to open the door and escape. He loves being outside, but gets into EVERYTHING! Letely his common sense has gone out the window too, so he can't be trusted. He slipped outside one day and was headed head first down the window well. Ezra caught him and yelled for help. Darrell told him he saved Jakey's life, so he wanted me to write it on his "caught ya" board. I'd say that is a pretty great "caught ya" wouldn't you?
Branson turned ten and wanted a Brainy Smurf cake.
Ugh. This was the best I could do. Unfortunately, I purchased one of those cans of frosting to use and it came out so uneven. Next time I'll have to do it the right way. He was happy though, and we had ourselves a celebration!
We had the opportunity to meet with family at the cemetary where my Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen and my aunt Karen are buried. It was a nice moment, and here are a couple of nice pics.
The final bit of news is that I recieved a new calling in church in May. I was asked to be the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency. A BIG job, and I feel so inadequate. I haven't been in RS in almost 5 years! I am looking forward to serving the Lord and getting to know the sisters. As my schedule has been somewhat difficult, I recently took the opportunity to reduce my hours at work. We are taking a HUGE leap of faith that everything will work out ok financially. Tightening our budget a bit more and getting ready for a yard sale! I pray daily for the strength and knowledge to take care of my family's needs, my sisters' needs in the church, and to be a good teacher for my littles at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute family. And that spider is super scary. I would have screamed for my hubbie too.
Lunettes de soleil carrera
Lunettes de soleil chanel
Lunettes de soleil dior
Lunettes de soleil dolce gabbana
Lunettes de soleil ed hardy
Lunettes de soleil fendi
Lunettes de soleil gucci
Lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
Lunettes de soleil prada
Lunettes de soleil ray ban
Lunettes de soleil versace
tee shirts femmes
chanel tee shirt femmes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts ED Hardy femmes
tee shirts Lacoste femmes
tee shirts Louis vuitton femmes
Post a Comment