Darrell and I are getting pretty good at bargain shopping! We are big fans of DI, Savers, Craigslist, and a little thrift store down the road. I've been wanting a crib so badly. I have been perusing Craigslist for a long time, and found that because cribs generally don't get abused too badly that people want nearly what they paid for their used crib. So, I've really been debating with myself if I even need a crib, because the port-a-crib I used for Ezra would work fine. When he got a bit heavier, it was tricky for me to get him in and out of it (my rotten bad back!) Anyway, we were at Sears and ran downstairs to just look at cribs and see if there were any good sales for President's Day. WELL...we happened across a crib that converts to a toddler bed and then a day bed for only $43! I couldn't believe it! The sides drop down too. (Another plus!) Most of the used cribs I have seen are at least $75. Of course brand new are at least $100, and that is for the ones with fixed sides that don't convert. So, now I am on the hunt for cheap crib sheets, and some inexpensive fabric for a crib bumper. We will try to sell Ezra's toddler bed and use his mattress for the crib. Hopefully we can find a deal on a twin bed set, or maybe he will get my old full mattress for a while.
Darrell also found a GREAT deal on a table saw, on Craigslist. He fixed my counter last night so that there isn't a hole in it anymore. It's colorful, as he patched it with an old cupboard door, but I don't care. Yay for good deals!
3 comments:
YEAH FOR DEALS!!!
that's a good deal on the crib!
now...what color of sheets are you looking for in case i run across a great deal before you need them...?
My favorite part of the picture is Ezra's hands over his ears. Lol! I love that boy! Can't wait to meet the next one!
Okay seriously, I need to be better on deals. I am the worst deal finder. and Im not kidding either. Im trying to find a dresser that is resonably priced, and its driving me nuts. We're limited on spce so all I want is one tall one they can share, but I dont want a piece of crap, or one that I have to do too much work on.....you know the saying, beggers cant be choosers? Well, Im a begger but a hard chooser. :)
Im so glad that you got your counter top fixed. I just cant wait until we get a garage so we can have power tools. Oh how I love tools. :)
Post a Comment