Saturday, January 1, 2011

Up to Christmas Eve...

Our holidays have cruised by at lightning speed this year! We did our best to make things festive and fun for the little tykes. We were able to get our big kids for FHE and decorate our tree. We got it from Fred Meyer, as the tree lots were a bit out of our price range. We had fun decorating it, and unfortunately had to start sweeping needles right away! (I think I know why it was cheap!) We were able to run out to Uncle Drew's work one quick evening to see Santa! Ezra was really stoked until we got there. Then he just kept saying "I don't sit on Santa's lap...I too scary!" He did let me talk him into a picture close to Santa with Ash and Branson by his side. Too bad it's blurry...Ezra had his very first Christmas program at preschool. He was darling, and very enthralled by the crowd! Sorry this asn't a singing video, but none of them would load.

Ezra has been wanting a tie "like Daddy's" for church and I hadn't made it to the DI yet to find one to cut down to size, but Grandma found this little number at the dollar store. I had to work on it fast because he wanted to wear it the following Sunday. I didn't do a very clean job, but it worked. He LOVED his candy cane tie!Christmas Eve came too quickly, and I wasn't very prepared. We had family over to watch Mr. Kruegar's Christmas (Jimmy Stewart) and then it was pretty much time for bed! Ezra sprinkled "reindeer food" on the lawn (oatmeal and colored sugar sprinkles) to attract Santa to our house.
We had to snag cookies from Aunt Erin's cookie plate for Santa, as I hadn't had time yet to make any. Ezra opened his Christmas Eve gift, which was carefully chosen so as to help woo him to the tub and then to bed!

We opened our boxes of favorite cereal for Christmas morning breakfast, then off to bed!

1 comment:

Hillfivesome said...

Ezra is growing up so fast. we are going to have to catch up soon. Sounds like you had a great holiday.