Ezra and I often sit on the porch. Sometimes it is my suggestion, as we finish up a messy treat, or as we are waiting for someone special to arrive. Sometimes Ezra will sit down and pat the concrete next to him and say "sit Momma". Then we talk about lots of things: the motorcycles in the neighbors yard, the cars and trucks passing by, the dirt, really anything that pops into the darling little monkey's head. This time, it was raining, and we were watching it rain. Aunt Amy was also on her way, and Ezra wanted to "watch". He always tells me "I watch" when I tell him that Daddy is on his way home. I try not to tell him too soon though because he will watch the whole time. I always feel so sad watching him "watch", and secretly cross my fingers that Darrell can speed a little on his way home, so this poor little boy can finally say, "daddy home!"
2 comments:
So cute Nicic. Your new grass looks wonderful. Isn't it nice to sit and admire something that you did with your own two hands? That's how I feel about our backyard everytime I look at it. Ezra sure is darling and is growing up fast.
How adorable! I LOVE Ezra (and the rest of the family of coarse :) and enjoyed spending time around him.. sad we're so far away :( Miss you all lots!
Post a Comment