Thursday, April 19, 2012

March...in like a lion

Lot's of fun for our family in March! We celebrated Kaylee's 13th birthday! She is growing up so quickly. I remember the cute little 7 year old I met when Darrell and I were first dating. Always so happy and willing to help. She is turning into a beautiful young lady. Still very helpful, when asked. She enjoys music, dancing, and especially reading. She is a good student, and a wonderful big sister. My little guys just adore her. She is enjoying Young Womens, and looks forward to girls camp this summer. We sure love her!
We also celebrated Ashlan's birthday. This year she turned 11 years old! Unbelievable! She is already counting down to twelve...when she gets to be in Young Women's. Ashlan is becoming a very good babysitter, and loves to be in charge! She is very creative and always has some game of make-believe going with Ezra. She is a good dancer, and loves music. She has recently earned very good grades in school, for which we are all very proud!
Ezra and Jacob are starting to play together sometimes, and it is so fun to watch. This was one of their hiding places one morning. We SUPER love stay home days!
I tried hard to get a cute St. Patrick's Day picture. Ezra was in a goofy mood, and Jakey wouldn't hold still. So...this is what we got.
At school, we celebrate Dr. Seuss the entire month of March. I have parents come in as guest readers each day of the month. We were so lucky this year that our Daddy had Mondays off and could come in and read to Ezra's class. Ezra was so proud, and even picked out his "My Dad Rocks" shirt to wear that day.
We had a fun play-date with our cousin Hailey. I mistakingly thought that this would free up some of my time that day, by keeping Ezra busy. Unfortunately, they kept me hoppin'! They had a great time though!
And last, but most certainly not least, my hubby put in a new door! Our old wooden one was the original from the 1960's...so ugly and drafty. Yucko! Darrell worked so hard, and did such a nice job. Our neighbor Dennis, an retired shop teacher, was a great help too! The boys had a great time playing on the old door, and getting dirty out in the yard. I think we are all looking forward to consistant good weather! Here are some pics from that day:
I finally got my act together and bought Jacob a toothbrush. He loves to brush his teeth, and gets so upset when it is time to put it up. His shirt is usually soaking wet by the time he is finished. Drool city! Pretty cute though.