10 years ago
Saturday, March 17, 2012
February
Boy...time does get away from me, now doesn't it! If I look at my calendar correctly, I do believe we are half-way into March! Well...here is my hurried attempt to catch you all up on the Ward family happenings.
I usually do this really cute countdown for all my guys for Valentine's Day, but funds and time were a hinderance this year! I will make it up to them next year....I hope!
Not a ton of happenings in February, but some exciting ones! Some friends in our ward had puppies and invited the boys over to play with them on Sunday evening. Jakey dove right in! I was honestly a bit nervous for those little pups. Ezra was much more cautious! He thought they were super cute, and we are still pretending to be puppies at home, but he wouldn't get too close for too long.
The big events happened the week of Valentine's Day. That morning we were in a rush to get to work and I had my arms full of stuff and a baby. One of the parents was parked across the parking lot and trying to talk to me while I was walking. I thought I stepped over the corner of the sidewalk, but I missed...barely. This unfortunate mistake caused me to lose my ankle (which due to an old trampoline accident in high school dislocates very easily) and I dropped EVERYTHING I was carrying. My sweet baby was slammed into the ground face first! I was hurting, but was horrified at what had happened. Jakey was bleeding like crazy! It was horrible. After assessing the situation, we ended up at the hospital. They eventually discharged us with a clean bill of health (just some yucky scrapes and big fat lip), and we took the rest of the day to re-coop at home. We were so lucky that he was ok. Tender mercies...
Some of the other things that happened that week: Two sick boys, water heater died and flooded the basement, Darrell's stomach bug, and more...glad that one is over!
Jakey LOVES food. This is his favorite thing for lunch...peanut butter and jelly sandwich! He is almost one! I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by! He can reach alot of things now too....always into something!
Ezra is just cute...couldn't NOT put these on here. I love this hat!
AND...lastly, we succombed to the "we got our tax return, and want to make big purchases" disease. I sent Darrell out to find a swing set for the kids, and this is what we got! They LOVE it! It makes me nervous...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh..that poor sweet face! i'm glad he was "okay". tender mercies are awesome. the tramp will be well worth it's price. sleeping out at night? YEAH!!! and ezra looks like he aged a lot in a month!
Post a Comment