Thursday, January 12, 2012

Half Over Already

I can't believe January is already half over! I thought I should blog about Christmas before Valentine's Day arrives. Our Christmas came and went like a blur this year. I had a great desire to make this Christmas very meaningful...really warm and fuzzy. However, i felt like I was running a race, and didn't get to do half of the things I had planned. We had family, a tree and presents though, and I suppose that is better than nothing! During the month of December Jacob learned how to crawl and get around really well! Consequently, this is one of his favorite corners (the cereal corner) and I OFTEN have to sweep up after his messes.
We didn't get as many goody plates made and delivered as I wanted to, but Ezra helped with the few we were able to get done.
Ezra also had a preschool Christmas program, which we mostly got video of. (I have tons of cute videos that I will post when I have time to put them on YouTube). They sang Jingle Bells, Christmas Eve Is Here At Last, Glad to Meet you, Hurray Hurray It's Christmas Day, Reindeer Pokey, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
I had a family Christmas party again this year...I hope you make it an annual thing. The pics of the adults are less than flattering, since I never warn anyone I am taking a picture. So, here are the cute kiddos. We tried to carol, and had some success. One house shut the door in our faces. Hard one to explain to the kiddos. Guess those are the times we live in. Sad.
Christmas Eve we enjoyed a turkey dinner, building a fort to sleep in (thanks Daddy!), and opening our 1 gift and box of our favorite cereal. The kids were so excited to go to bed, we forgot to put out the cookies, reindeer food, elf food, and Santa key. I hurried and did it myself. We also forgot to read the Christmas story from the scriptures. Another "to do" on our list for next year.
I have to go to work...I will blog about Christmas day another time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.