Monday, October 10, 2011

My Big Guy

I can't even hardly think about it. He is three! Seems like just yesterday I was jumping on Darrell to wake him up and tell him that I was pregnant! The lo-o-o-ng, swollen summer before he arrived. The anticipation of his arrival a week LATE! And finally the strange (I thought) labor and delivery that I thought would never end. His first everything...sitting, crawling, walking, birthday, swimming, holidays, and on and on. Then he secretly turned two on me. Where did that year go? Now...he is three. Mr. Independant! Mr. Grown-Up! He showers by himself (even shaves before and applies deodorant after). He administers his own allergy nasal spray. He has chores (helping with dinner once a week and empying the garbage from his room and his brother's for garbage day). He knows the words to millions of cool songs (most recently he sings Stick Shifts and Safety Belts by Cake). He knows lots of letters (which he calls numbers). He loves going to the doctor. He has been running from Sacrament Meeting (with folded arms) to nursery for a long time, with no parental supervision. He has been potty trained for so long, I can't really remember when it happened and it was all his doing! He LOVES visitors, and is devastated when they leave. He often lovingly refers to Darrell or me as "honey", and the other day answered my question with a "yeah babey!" He thinks all children are his cousins. He tells some whopper stories! (Watch out for those...) He has to do everything ALL ON HIS OWN, but is absolutely crushed and angered if he can't make it happen. He has an amazing memory and often reminds me of things that he should not be able to remember. I am daily amazed by his sweet spirit, and also exhausted by trying to teach, discipline, and love it! I am so blessed. I often wonder why me? Not just "why do I have such a spirited child?" BUT "why was I blessed with such an amazing little spirit?" I love my Bubby. Happy Birthday big guy! A million hugs and kisses. Love, Mommy
Ezra's pirate birthday at Chuck-e-Cheese.

3 comments:

Amy Heath said...

Pretty much loved this blog post! I adore the picture, and miss the little man in it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Connie Babe said...

those 3 years did go fast! cute cute cake...cute cute boy...

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post!! My Lydia turns three in a couple of months and I can't believe it! Now she seems huge next to her new baby brother. It was just two weeks ago I was still holding her like a baby :) You have a sweet family.