10 years ago
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Lazy Days
I am a little embarassed to say that I haven't even gotten dressed yet today. Ezra is sleeping next to me on the couch so sweet and little, and we are listening to a lullaby cd while I type. I am completely enjoying myself! I only have about a week and a half until I have to return to work and leave my baby to be watched by someone else. Thank heavens it is my sister, but still such a difficult thing. I can't even hardly think about it without crying my eyes out. In fact, as I type tears are rolling down my face. My poor husband isn't quite sure what to do with me. When did life get so tough? I have been through a lot in my life, but this seems to be one of the hardest. I find myself feeling quite bitter that I have to work and let someone else "raise" my child, yet we can't seem to come up with a way for me to stay home. People may think I am so strange and backwards, but I think it was such a poor decision for women to start working out of the home. I believe it has truly impacted society in a negative way. Wouldn't it be nice to return to the days when the father was able to provide and the mother stays home with the children? Instead both have to work to provide and then pay someone else to be with the children. I vote to go back in time! Any takers? Here are a few cute pics of Ezra. He has had quite the bout with baby acne. Today he is starting to look much better. Anyway...Enjoy!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Nici! You made me cry! You are absolutely right and I will go back in time with you...or...if ever Amy can't then you bring Ezra right on over and I'll help. If you must leave him then let's make sure it's only with people who love him!
Nici-- baby Ezra is beautiful- and so are you. What a lucky little kid to have you.
Amen! Sister....my vote is the same. I agree that is so sad that most of the time both parents have to work. I know that the Lord knows your heart, and I pray that something works out so this will be the last year you have to teach. He is beautiful, and I promise I will take the best care of him that I can. Thanks for trusting me! PS. Don't worry, I never get dressed either! :)
Post a Comment