Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Baby=New Stuff!

I think we have finally come to the realization that we are having a baby, and need to start looking for, and purchasing things necessary for his arrival. Since he is about 3 weeks (or so) away this seems like a good move! We started by looking for a car seat, which ended in frusteration as we couldn't seem to find the right combination of car seat, base, and stroller in the price range we were shooting for. So...we went home without anything! The next day Darrell made a trip to Babies-R-Us, while we were all at school, to try to check things out, and came home with a "surprise" for me. Here is it:

Not exactly a car seat and stroller, but I LOVE it!!! Everyone wanted me to leave it out in the living room for extra seating, but I knew I would never get to sit in it if I did that! So, it is in the baby's room...where I can use it for the purpose it was purchased!

Then, after our Dr. appointment yesterday we decided to go and look at mini-vans. I was sad about trading in my car, but we can't all fit once the baby comes so it is a necessary change! After a dinner break, and 2 1/2 hours of dickering with the guys (and piles of paperwork), we came home last night at about 9:30 with this:

So...I feel like an official "mom" now. Just waiting for our little bambino to seal the deal! Can't wait!








6 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on the chair. I didn't have one for my first baby and I sure wish I did. This time we got a glider armchair and it has been great so far. Last night was our first night home with the baby and we took turns sleeping in it with the baby. As far as strollers go I would recommend a universal stroller over a combo, but figure out what will work you you and your lifestyle.

Amy Heath said...

Ha ha ha ha..........you're officially a mormon! I love it! Now we're not the only dorks in the family driving a mini van. Welcome to the club. Can't wait to see it...

Horsley5 said...

Congrats Nici! I am really excited for you guys. My sis has one of those vans and she loves it! She says it's great in the snow. I hope your feeling good - don't worry if you get cranky the last two weeks - totally normal - and understandable!!

H.A.M.A. Fam said...

Isn't is scary and very exciting how the time is ticking away!! Pretty soon we'll be holding our babies!!! It is fun to shop for them! I love looking at all the fun, cute, tiny stuff!! Love the chair! Love the van. Welcome to total motherhood. :0) We are getting induced on the 24th if she hasn't come before then - I think you should join us so they share bdays!!
Jenn

Kellie said...

Not that my opinion matters but I LOVE the Graco Quatro Tour stroller and it is compatible with the snugride infant carseat (I think the "newer" version is now called the safeseat???) Have you tried craigslist.org??? That is where I get the majority of my baby things...but don't get a used carseat, buy that new, regardless of the price!!! I hope craigslist is good up there...it is awsome down here but we have a few more people living here then in Boise :) Good luck and can't wait to see pics of the little guy!!!

Kellie said...

Oh, and I have to make fun of you because you now own a mini-van :)gotta love it!!!